Controlling Cable Chaos!
Homes and offices contain a great deal of technology today. Electronic devices are part of our spaces and most of them come with wires…lots of them!
“Wire clutter” is a common complaint, making living spaces look messy and cleaning difficult.
Where To Start?
- Plan ahead to ensure devices are placed in appropriate locations.
- Place devices in preferred locations before wiring them together.
- Ensure the locations of your electronics are optimal for work flow.
- Bring in an expert to hide wires in walls and ceilings.
- Use furniture to hide the wires.
Once you have all your electronic devices in place it’s time to do some cable management:
- Group wires together.
- Use cable management solutions to keep the wires in place.
- Cable ties in plastic or Velcro, electrical tape and wire molding can be found at hardware and office supply stores.
- Extra length of wire can be coiled and hidden behind the cabinet.
- Leave some slack to prevent tension in the connections.
- Leave enough wire length should you need to move the devices in order to access the back.
- Using Velcro allows you to add/remove wires easily.
- Wire moldings seen below are paintable to suit your wall color.
Latest posts by Emilio Jose Garcia (see all)
- Parking the car in the garage again! - June 21, 2017
- Declutter Your Mind Doing This Mind Mapping Exercise. - June 17, 2017
- Life coaching tips to enjoy an extraordinary life. - June 16, 2017
- Dramatically Improving Your Communication – 4 Simple Steps You Can Follow - March 9, 2017