Starting your day with a morning ritual that oozes happiness and success!
Setting yourself up for success in only 23 minutes each day… what a concept!
Even on those days when you wake up and you’re wishing you had more time in bed, this morning ritual really helps you put it all in perspective.
Discovering the works of Shawn Achor has changed the way I look at the day ahead. If you’re looking to feel better, think better and be more happy, this may be the morning routine for you!
If the image above isn’t detailed enough, follow these simple steps:
Scan your brain for three things that you’re grateful for. It may seem difficult at first, but really think. Practicing this habit leads to overall increased optimism and we could all use more of that!
- Warm water in your shower
- Acknowledgement for a job well done
- A good night’s sleep
- A snuggle from your pet
Write about one positive experience that you witnessed in the last 24 hours. This serves as a great reminder to focus on the positive!
Get that heart rate pumping! You are taking control of your body and telling it that YOU are the boss! The important take away from incorporating this into your routine is that behaviour matters!
- Dance party with your favourite songs
- A brisk walk around your block
- Jumping jacks, skipping rope, YouTube Guided Exercise
Meditation doesn’t mean you have to sit in a yoga pose. You can lay in bed, sit at a desk, or crawl out on the floor. What is important is that you have 2 full minutes of reflection on breathing in and breathing out.
If you want to reduce stress and focus on one thing at a time, this is a great practice.
Breathe in, Breathe out. Can you hear it?
Nuture your social circle and reach out to one person every day. Try to change who you connect with every day. If you haven’t spoken with a colleague in a long time, there is no better time to check in and see what’s up!
We all know that when we get down it is our community who supports us and brings us back up. Make sure you don’t wait to keep in touch.
Do you have a morning ritual that you want to share?
Latest posts by Samantha Kristoferson (see all)
- You Can’t Take It With You! Options For Your Belongings When You Die - October 12, 2017
- Watch Quick Fix Wednesday with KW Professional Organizers and CTV Kitchener – CTV News - September 28, 2017
- The Myth of Going Paperless - September 1, 2017
- Alternatives to Therapy for Depression and Anxiety - August 18, 2017