We would like to share with you a powerful exercise, called Mind Mapping, that will help you declutter your mind.
Mind mapping will allow you to write down on paper all the ideas, challenges, tasks and activities that are cluttering your head. Many times we have too many ideas, or we are worrying too much about something, or we need to brainstorm about what to do next in a specific area of our lives.
Our head is cluttered and we feel overwhelmed. By doing this exercise, you will be able to let all these ideas out of your head, bringing clarity and calmness to your life. Also, you will be able to identify your priorities and take immediate action. Are you ready to get started with mind mapping?
You will need a piece of paper or notebook, pens, markers, and highlighters. Try to have a few different colors.
Watch the video and try to follow the same steps:
- Write down your main ideas/challenges.
- Under every main idea/challenge, write down everything that you need to do relating to it.
- Now it’s time to set priorities.
- Try to create specific tasks that are easy to schedule in your calendar.
- Estimate how much time every task may take.
- If there is a monetary cost or budget involved, write it down.
After you have done all these steps, it’s time to reflect. Very often, you will see that you are trying to do too many things. If this is the case, you can try to delegate some tasks, ask for help or prioritize what’s really important.
Repeat this exercise as many times as you need. If you have a LOT of ideas to write down, you can try to get started by doing this exercise only for a specific area. Be creative and have fun!
We hope this is helpful. Please let us know how it goes. If you have any questions feel free to share them with us. We will do our best to answer them.
Latest posts by Emilio Jose Garcia (see all)
- How Stressed Are You? Take this Stress Test to Find Out - August 24, 2017
- Parking the car in the garage again! - June 21, 2017
- Declutter Your Mind Doing This Mind Mapping Exercise. - June 17, 2017
- Life coaching tips to enjoy an extraordinary life. - June 16, 2017