The Costs of Clutter – How Much Clutter Is Costing YOU?
Today, we want to share with you one of the videos included in our online course “How to Declutter and Organize Any Space”.
In this video, Samantha explains some of the effects that clutter can have in our life. Some of them are:
- Late fees payment.
- Buying duplicates.
- Not using stuff you like because is not accessible.
- Way more work to clean around.
- Eating out more.
- Mental Health (depression, anxiety, stress, family conflict).
- Isolation (feeling ashamed to invite people over).
- Not feeling relaxed and motivated due to clutter.
- Moving/Storing things.
- Accidents (fire, tripping hazard..).
There are a lot of other costs of clutter, but one of the things we want to help you with is:
How do you identify the clutter before it comes in?
Before bringing items home ask yourself:
Can I afford this? The money, time, space, and the energy that this item will require?
Time is one of our more valuable resources we have because we can not get it back.
Clutter can make you waste a lot of time. This graph shows how much time you may be wasting at the end of the year due to clutter:
If you are spending up to 60 minutes a day looking for things, over the course of the year, it’s two weeks worth of time. For some people, that’s an entire vacation from work!
This is why we want to motivate YOU and get you excited about decluttering, about letting go of clutter, because we really know that the BENEFITS far outweigh the costs.
If you want to learn more about how to get started, these are some helpful steps you can follow:
- Enroll in our “How to Declutter and Organize Any Space” online course where we share our tested system that will help you declutter your life.
- Read our e-book “A Recipe for An Extraordinary Life“, where you will learn how to apply organization to every area of your life and find your own recipe to live your ideal life.
- Subscribe to our blog to receive more content like this one in your inbox.
- Enjoy more videos in our Youtube Channel. Subscribe to get our latest videos.
Do you need help letting go of difficult items? Click on the photo below to access 12 questions to help you let go!
If you found this post helpful, please make sure you leave a comment and share it with the world 🙂.
Latest posts by Emilio & Samantha (see all)
- Tips to Help You Declutter Your Closet - November 2, 2017
- Why Self Care Is Important - October 4, 2017
- The Costs of Clutter – How Much Clutter Is Costing YOU? - September 22, 2017
- Real Value Documentary – What Is the True Cost of Cheap? - September 12, 2017